BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 25, 2010

Read this before reading the first chapter of Serenity Lost.

 
  My book is based in a 'Verse that I didn't create, I hold no copyright to the material. It is a fan fiction and nothing more. Firefly and Serenity are owned by Fox, Universal, and Joss Whedon. Reproduction of my material for profit might end you up in court or worse. So don't do it.
  I wrote the book over the last year. It is finished and we are going to release it as a podcast for free. I have a crew and I will be giving them credit when and where it is due.
  If you have not seen Firefly or Serenity, I would encourage you to, before listening to the podcast or reading chapter one of Serenity Lost. I make references to the story created by Joss Whedon. It is a ‘verse where The Earth is left behind and man kind sets out to find a new place to live. People live on farms and fly in space craft. They might carry a carbine or laser gun. They might live in a super futuristic city or in a dusty village.
  Joss made the ‘verse and I wrote a story based in that verse. Only two characters are mentioned in my story line that was created by him, that of Magistrate Higgins and his son from the Firefly episode “Jane’s town.”
  Serenity Lost takes place a few months before the War of Independence. I chose the name wisely, and I believe it is fairly transparent in the book.
  I am also giving the book a PG rating, mostly for violence. The language isn’t all that bad but some may be offended.
  Have a great read and we look forward to having you back for the rest of the book once it is released as a podcast on Itunes.
  Stay Shiny, James Farnworth
See more about Firefly at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_(TV_series)

0 comments: